The SSE Group’s vision is to be a leading energy company in a net zero world. Our purpose is to provide the energy needed today while building a better world of energy for tomorrow. To achieve this, our strategy is to create value for shareholders and society from developing, operating and owning energy and related infrastructure in a sustainable way.
SSE’s 2030 goals
SSE’s business strategy places addressing the challenge of climate change at the very core of what we do. That’s why we’ve decided to align our long-term business goals with four United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs):
- Cut carbon intensity by 60%: Reduce the carbon intensity of electricity generated by 60% to around 120gCO2/kWh by 2030, compared to 2018 levels (SDG 13: climate action).
- Treble renewable energy output: Develop and build more renewable energy by 2030 to contribute renewable output of 30TWh a year (SDG 7: affordable and clean energy).
- Help accommodate 10m electric vehicles: Build the flexible electricity network and infrastructure to help accommodate 10m EVs in Great Britain by 2030 (SDG 9: industry, innovation and infrastructure).
- Champion Fair Tax and a real Living Wage: Be the leading company in the UK and Ireland championing Fair Tax and a real Living Wage (SDG 8: decent work and economic growth).
How SSE Energy Solutions supports SSE’s goals
SSE Energy Solutions provides renewable energy and low-carbon energy solutions for businesses and local authority customers across the UK.
We’ve made progress towards a sustainable future for our business, reducing our energy spend, cutting our carbon footprint and investing heavily in renewable energy generation.
At the same time, we’ve looked closely at the pressures companies of all sizes face both to meet the demands of their own customers and to satisfy their aspirations as forward-thinking companies.
This has allowed us to develop practical solutions to help your business on its journey towards a more sustainable future.
Here are some key ways SSE Energy Solutions is supporting SSE’s 2030 goals:
- Helping you cut carbon and show your commitment to sustainability with 100% renewable electricity as standard and optional renewable gas.
- Helping you save energy and money with tried and tested energy efficiency measures, resources and advice for small to medium-sized businesses.
- Helping you go smart and spot ways to save energy with smart meters and Clarity, our free online energy management platform.
- Helping to get 10m EVs on GB roads by 2030 – providing infrastructure for fleets, taxis and buses by working with our partners and local authorities across the UK and Ireland.
- Helping to make smart cities and places a reality across the UK and Ireland by 2030.
- Helping the UK Government meet its objectives to decarbonise heat and power and improve air quality by building new heat networks and renewable power.
- Helping communities access cleaner, lower cost energy and smart services by investing in local energy schemes, boosting local economies and jobs.
- Helping to promote diversity across the workplace and champion the real Living Wage to all employees and our supply chain.
To find out more about SSE’s 2030 goals and the progress we’re making, see the latest SSE sustainability report.